How Your Attitude Can Change Your Life
Growing up my father always reminded me that “attitude is everything.” It’s the one thing that you can control every morning when you wake up and roll, jump, or have to be dragged out of bed. However you get out of bed and get yourself going in the morning, go rinse off your face with some cold water and get yourself psyched up. Think of what you can do that day to make it worthwhile and potentially great. Tell yourself what you plan on doing and accomplishing that day – and have an attitude. There is no better time to set the stage for a day than right after you wake up. Give it a shot. You actually have to try it to realize that it actually works (too often people read up on improvement methods and while they agree it may be a great idea, they forget about the taking action part!).
Attitude can be used as a great tool to pull out of a slump, or out of a tough circumstance. Sometimes, it’s one of those “Aha!”-type moments that people have as they become conscious of their attitude. Things happen that are out of our control in life, it’s just the way it is. But, and this is an important “but”, you have the free will to choose how you react to any circumstance. And it all starts with your attitude.
Just like anything in life worthwhile, it takes work and it takes practice. Sometimes it won’t come natural, and you have to remind yourself of what you are working towards and consciously manage your attitude. It’s well worth it because afterall – attitude is everything.
Here are some of my favorite quotes on attitude:
- “Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching?”
- “If you don’t think everyday is a good day, just try missing one”
- “I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet”
- “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference”
- “If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it”
- “The only disability in life is a bad attitude”
- “I don’t like that man, I must get to know him better”
Image by joiseyshowaa.